Getting Out Of Your Own WayNov 19, 2019
Who else has ever personally diagnosed yourself with shiny object syndrome?
Yes, it's real! And you are not alone. I'm the first to admit that it can/has played a factor in not being able to listen to my body.
The past couple of years, I have been on this crazy personal development journey where I have found that a lot of my decisions, self-talk and distractions come back to me getting in my own way.
Now, what do I mean by this? I mean that my mind-chatter was overpowering what my body was trying to tell me.
This comes to quality sleep, detoxifying, moving and on and on and on.
To get out of our own way, we have to get out of our own head. Our bodies tell us so much more than we realize and we tend to choose to not listen to it.
This is where I believe that intention + action = results.
Give yourself credit for your wins, no matter how small they are because that recognition can drive yourself forward to achieving those big goals that you have for yourself.
Now, it's easier said than done because we tend to be our own worst critic. But it will help you realize your priorities by recognizing what you make time for.
- Do you want to have 10 minutes to mindlessly scroll on Instagram? Or would you rather use that time to get in a Core Studio workout?
- Do you want to finish up that last piece of work after the kids go to bed? Or do you need to be using that time to catch up on sleep yourself?
Our lives are full of decisions, but it's about overcoming the mind-chatter in order to listen to what your body needs from you + decide what's best for your body.
IN THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT...
- The importance of recognizing your wins! (1:19)
- Why your mind might be overriding what your body is trying to tell you. (4:56)
- A breathing exercise to help make you more present. (9:03)
- Taking what your body is telling you + turning it into ACTION! (12:57)
- How doing things the way that you’ve always done them is going to keep getting you the same results. (16:26)
- Self-discovery through movement. (21:16)
- Are You HIITing Your Workouts Too Hard?
- Core Studio
- Finding YOUR Breath + Gratitude With Sarah Reese
- Working Out Smarter, Not Harder
The material contained within is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before beginning a new regiment or purchasing any product(s).