Dr. Nicole Marcione’s 4 Pillars Of LongevityDec 17, 2019
LISTEN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
The definition of longevity is two simple words: long life.
Longevity isn't measured by how many kale smoothies you drink or the number of Pilates classes that you take per week. Sure these aspects could play a role in your overall healthspan, but they might not...
Here's what I mean by that: what works for some women might not work for you and that is perfectly normal!
To ensure that YOU are living a long life full of vitality, Dr. Nicole Marcione has broken down her 4 pillars of longevity in this episode: movement, nourishment, connection and restoration.
BUT, these action pieces do not matter unless you begin to connect your mind to your body. By doing this you are connecting to a bigger sense of self while also discovering the kind of life that you want to live.
THE BREAKDOWN OF LONGEVITY
- Why anti-aging is BS (5:24)
- Lifespan vs. healthspan (8:26)
- What is cognitively complex physical movement + what does it have to do with my longevity? (10:46)
- Should you be intermittent fasting? (19:05)
- Let’s talk epigenetics: you have control over health (33:37)
- Will social isolation give you worse health outcomes than smoking? (38:19)
- What do you need to do to restore your body? (41:10)
- Does nature really have an impact on your mind? (45:10)
What better way to start understanding the power that you have on your life through your lifestyle choices than with my 5-Days to Begin Rejuvenating Your Body Challenge that begins on December 30th!
Throughout these 5-days, you will be getting daily movement assignments, interacting in live videos and my access to my unique training tips + techniques to work to enhance your mind-body connection.
It's never too late to heal your body. Come on this journey with me and see how much better you feel in just 5 days!
Dr. Nicole is a Gerontologist, Biokinesiologist and Body-Brain Longevity Advisor. She received her Ph.D. from USC's Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy (#1 in the nation) in the Jacqueline Perry Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Research Lab, where her research interests focused on mind-body exercise effects on cognition and gait in older adults.
Her B.S. & M.S. are from the highly-esteemed USC Davis School of Gerontology. She has presented her research nationally and internationally at multiple scientific meetings, including the American College of Sports Medicine and the Gerontological Society of America.
She has helped hundreds of clients improve their physical and cognitive performance and has been teaching Pilates since 2005. She currently teaches at Pilatesology in Hermosa Beach, CA. Her hope is to inspire others to be enthusiastic about bringing health and well-being into their own lives.
- Free 30 Tips on Longevity and Brain Health
- EngAGEment Monthly Membership
- Private 1:1 Longevity Advising Sessions
MENTIONED IN EPISODE
- Anti-Aging Doesn't Come In A Bottle featuring Dr. Keira Barr
- Enhance Your Movement Through Visualization
- Hereditary vs. Choice. You Have Control Over Your Health.
- The Brain's Role In Creating Healthy Habits
The material contained within is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before beginning a new regiment or purchasing any product(s).