The Energy Boost Your Body’s Been CravingJan 21, 2020
LISTEN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
I have this low key pet peeve with Gatorade...
I know you can believe it considering all of the added dyes and sugars that live in this "energy drink" that has been a staple for moms in charge of post-game snacks for the team.
Trust me, I avoid this form of electrolytes at all costs, but that doesn't mean we have to be deficient in electrolytes from an energy perspective.
I turned to taking electrolytes after wanting to get rid of that afternoon coffee from my daily routine. And let me tell ya, the benefits can speak for themselves!
But there's more to energy-boosting than just adding in electrolytes... some other things I want you to consider are:
- Keeping your stress level low
- Working to improve your gut health
- Enhancing the quality of your sleep
- Staying hydrated in other forms besides water (watermelon juice, green juice, vegetables etc.)
- Exercising smarter, not harder
- Being aware of how much coffee + alcohol you are drinking because that can dehydrate the body and rob it of electrolytes.
Are you ready to dive in deeper with electrolytes?! Here's what we're covering:
- How do you know if you need electrolytes?
- Little things you can do to improve your energy.
- What you can do to improve your quality of sleep.
- What’s going on with your ATP production.
- My electrolyte supplementation recommendations - which one will work best for you!
- How electrolytes are tied into your workouts.
- What is robbing your body of electrolytes?
I always want to reiterate to keep an open mind when trying anything new. Whether it's a habit or a supplement, it could be that something that's missing in your body or it could be putting you in the right direction of where your body needs to go.
Here are some lists of things that were recommended in this episode. As always, if you have any questions or need any more information feel free to reach out and ask me on Instagram!
ELECTROLYTE SUPPLEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Body Bio E-Lyte Electrolyte Concentrate
- Seeking Health Electrolytes
- Seeking Health Multivitamins
- Seeking Health ProBiota HistaminX
BOOKS + PODCAST EPISODES
OTHER THINGS MENTIONED
The material contained within is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before beginning a new regiment or purchasing any product(s).
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase by using the link. Please understand that I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decided to buy.