Collagen: Your Natural Anti-Aging SolutionNov 07, 2018
The topic of collagen has been buzzing around, especially in the anti-aging world. I wanted to answer a lot of your questions and separate truth from fiction when it comes to collagen + your body!
WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
Collagen is the protein that forms the connective tissue throughout your body (a.k.a. FASCIA).
Our bodies naturally produce collagen, but as we enter our late 20s and early 30s, the natural collagen production begins to slow and eventually decline. This is when visible signs of aging come to the surface such as fine lines and wrinkles.
As we age, it becomes increasingly important to replenish the collagen in our bodies because collagen can help strengthen our bones, fights away signs of aging and builds better fascia that acts as a web around and through our muscles and organs, can even help keep our bones strong and much more!
HOW CAN I ADD COLLAGEN INTO MY DIET?
Collagen is naturally found in many foods and can easily be incorporated into your diet. Some of those foods include:
- Bone Broth
- Organ Meat
- Collagen Peptides
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is essential with the Amino Acids to promote optimal collagen production in your body.
You also have the option of taking a collagen supplement*. I recommend using a pure, clean collagen product and have listed a few of my recommendations below.
*Make sure you are getting your protein source elsewhere (such as grass-fed and grass-finished beef, pastured eggs, wild-caught fish) because collagen is not a complete protein. Yes, it is a protein and can be a great added source of protein, but don't rely just on collagen for your protein needs.
HOW IS TAKING COLLAGEN GOING TO BENEFIT ME?
By increasing your collagen intake now, you can slow the aging process and help your body become stronger and healthier. A strong healthy body can help you live a long prosperous life without having to battle health issue after health issue.
12 ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases the cellular rejuvenation of your skin
- Decreases joint pain and inflammation
- Increases muscle strength when combined with fascial movement
- Increases bone and joint strength
- Boosts cartilage density
- Increases calcium absorption in your body
- Speeds up injury recovery and can even prevent injuries from ever occurring
- Heal and repair your gut lining
- Improves gut absorption of nutrients
- Improves sleep
- Increases brain function
- Vital Proteins | A brand I trust with varieties to choose from and incorporate into your daily life!
- Truvani Marine Collagen | Promotes vibrant skin, strong nails, and support the health of your hair, joints, and bones.
- Bulletproof Collagen | Bulletproof also carries my favorite brand of coffee to help keep me focused all day.
- Pure Synergy Natural Vitamin C Capsules
- Pure Encapsulations - Ester-C & Flavonoids
- Kettle and Fire | My favorite bone broth brand that carries a variety of bone broth soups. Some of my favorites are butternut squash and tomato soup!
- Vital Choice | Home delivery source of the world's finest wild seafood and organic fare, harvested from healthy, well-managed wild fisheries and farms.
- Click here to save 10% off your order!
- Butcher Box | Subscription box that specializes in 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, and free-range organic chicken.
- Click here to save $20 off your order + FREE bacon!
If you are interested in taking a deeper dive with me into collagen and other topics, please let me know! Send me a message on Instagram, find me on Facebook. I am always eager to pass along all the amazing information I have learned and researched!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- David Lesondak, Fascia: What It Is and Why It Matters
- Fascia + Collagen... The Dynamic Duo
- Fascia: The Important Role It Plays In Your Health
- Kids Nutrition, Health & Development
- Mindful Movement
- Get Your Gut Moving With These Hacks
- Follow me on Instagram + Facebook!!
- Lesondak, David. Fascia, What It Is and Why It Matters. Pages 10-14, 90.
The material contained within is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before beginning a new regiment or purchasing any product(s).
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase by using the link. Please understand that I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decided to buy.