The 411 On The Pill with Dr. Jolene BrightenJan 14, 2020
LISTEN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Have you been wishing there was a 411 line that you could call and learn all you need to know about the effects of birth control?
I would pick up that call - wait, that's not how the 411 line works, oh well! - because Dr. Jolene Brighten, naturopathic physician, best-selling author and a leader in women's health, joins us on the podcast to take on the conversation of birth control and what she has found through her research.
This is a conversation not about what you should or shouldn't do with the pill, but a conversation around awareness in order to take back your body. Every day is an opportunity to take a step towards your health, let today support that.
When it comes to getting the 411 on birth control, Dr. Brighten expands on:
- What you’re not told about when prescribed the pill. (3:07)
- How to know if your pelvic floor pain is muscular or from birth control. (8:50)
- Symptoms that occur once a woman goes off the pill. (12:37)
- Other options besides birth control to prevent pregnancy. (16:38)
- If the pill is preventing you from getting pregnant. (26:12)
- Other supplements to take to help promote fertility. (32:16)
- Taking birth control during perimenopause. (39:32)
- Environmental toxins and their impact on our endocrine system. (46:52)
- One thing you can start doing today for your health. (53:02)
If you need more help with optimizing your hormone health and would like an easy to follow detox plan to help improve your energy + eliminate symptoms of PBCS… then you are going to LOVE Dr. Brighten's free Post Birth Control Detox Diet! Download it for FREE at www.drbrighten.com/pbcsdiet.
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a prominent leader in women’s medicine and the emerging science of Post-Birth Control Syndrome — studying the effects of hormonal birth control on female health. A fierce patient advocate and completely dedicated to uncovering the root cause of hormonal imbalances, Dr. Brighten empowers women worldwide to take control of their health and their hormones. She is an international speaker, clinical educator, medical advisor within the tech community, and considered a leading authority on women’s health. Dr. Brighten is also part of the MindBodyGreen Collective and a faculty member for the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine. Her work has been featured in the New York Post, Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Huffington Post, Bustle, The Guardian, and ABC News.
The material contained within is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before beginning a new regiment or purchasing any product(s).