Winter Warm Bone Broth SoupJan 22, 2018
- ¼ cup of diced garlic
- 2 tbsp. grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite salsa
- ½ cup dry organic split peas
- 1 package of your favorite spiraled veggies
- Recommend zucchini or butternut squash
- 2 containers of organic chicken bone broth
- The longer your salsa simmers, the hotter it gets so keep that in mind when adding it to your soup.
- Garlic is great for your immune system so don’t skimp on the garlic!
- I recommend Harissa Salsa from Trader Joes – it has just the perfect amount of spice.
- I recommend using bone broth because it not only supports your immune system but is also SO good for your gut! Bone broth contains healing compounds such as collage that heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation.
- A substitution for bone broth is regular chicken broth
- You can use any flavor of bone broth (chicken, turkey, beef) I use the chicken bone broth in this recipe because I really love the flavor!
- Peel (if necessary) and dice your garlic
- Add the garlic to your large cooking pot
- Add the butter and sauté with your garlic, salsa and salt and pepper for a few minutes
- Add the bone broth
- Add the split peas and spiraled veggies
- Stir until your soup is thoroughly mixed and let simmer for 60 minutes
- Stir occasionally
- Once your soup is done, serve with shaved parmesan or sliced avocado